A Message From Your PTA President 2015-16
Dear Sonora Families,
Welcome back to school! I hope you all had a wonderful summer and are ready for an exciting year!
My name is Megan Anderson and I am the PTA President for the 2015-2016 school year. I feel extremely honored to be able to serve Sonora in this capacity as I truly believe we have the best teachers around with the most dedicated Principal as well as a beautifully diverse community of families that comes together for the same purpose: our children.
My husband Dave and I have lived in Mesa Del Mar since 1997 and have two boys, Kyle & Matthew. Kyle is starting middle school at Mesa this year after thriving at Sonora since Kindergarten. Matthew is entering 5th grade. I substitute teach in the Newport Mesa Unified district and more recently became a certified classroom observer, conducting reviews for state-funded preschools. I’ve been on Sonora PTA’s Executive Board for 4 years and have always been involved with the planning and execution of events and fundraisers on campus. Why?
- I think being a part of the PTA is the best way to keep my finger on the pulse of what is happening in my children’s daily lives.
- I get to know the teachers and staff as well as other parents in my community.
- I feel that being involved lets my kids know that their dad and I value and respect their education.
- I get to be a part of a group that: helps send kids on really cool field trips, motivates children to read, enables children to try new things, helps a child discover a talent or passion, highlights children’s accomplishments, teaches valuable lessons, makes school more fun, etc. etc. etc.
- I believe in the PTA and what it stands for: “We Stand For All Children”
I know not everyone has time to dedicate to the PTA but please know that your membership serves as a show of support and is not a contract requiring hours of volunteerism. Joining PTA does not require you to attend meetings and put on plays! However, by adding your name to the membership list you will be “in the know”. Joining the PTA will provide you the opportunity to help as much or as little as you like, I promise! In addition, sending in your $12 for membership gets funding our incredible lineup of programs off to a great start! So please, show your support for our wonderful school and join PTA.
I look forward to meeting all our new families and reconnecting with returning ones. Please stop and introduce yourself as I love to meet new friends and neighbors.
Sonora PTA President
Disclaimer: This webpage is operated and maintained by volunteers of the PTA. All information and postings associated with this page and any links are at the sole discretion of the PTA and not endorsed by the Newport-Mesa Unified School District.